You may have had wonderful experiences during your Astral travels, but if you are not able to get those memories back into the physical world, you have lost some valuable information! Unless Astral Projection recall is sharpened, it will seem like it never happened even if it did. This is the most prevalent cause of apparent OBE failure.
OBE experiences can be breathtakingly vivid, but memories of them, like dream memories, have the annoying habit of disappearing unless precautions are taken. An essential ingredient of successful Astral projection, therefore, is improving your ability to remember it afterward.
We will discuss some tips that help you sharpen your nocturnal adventures :
1. Affirmation before Projection : Before you start your projection, always affirm that your consciousness will be crystal clear during your travels and you will bring back vivid memories of everything that happens on the Astral plane. If you repeat this couple of times with desire and intent, you will have a very good chance of having a high recall.
2. Affirmation during Projection : When you are out in the Astral, remind yourself several times that whatever you are experiencing will stay with you once you are back. Never loose this thought. Hammer this into your subconscious that you will remember, you will remember. And you WILL remember!
3. Stay still! : As soon as you are back in your body, DO NOT MOVE from the position in which you awaken, and do not think of the day’s concerns. Keep your eyes closed and try to recollect your experience. A major cause of dream forgetting is interference from other thoughts competing for your attention. Therefore, let your first thought upon awakening be, “What was I just dreaming?” Allow them to naturally come to your mind. You may remember them in fragments. Don’t worry. Try to remember whatever you can.
4. Keep a Dream Journal : The single most important thing that you can do to increase your recall is to keep a journal. You may call this diary your Astral Journal if you want, and this will record details of all your Astral travels. An Astral journal can be as simple or as elaborate as you want.
5. Recall backwards : Cling to any clues of what you might have been experiencing–moods, feelings, fragment of images, and try to rebuild a story from them. When you recall a scene, try to recall what happened before that, and before that, reliving the dream in reverse. Write everything down
6. Change sleep position : If you feel nothing more can be recalled, try changing your sleeping position. By doing this you will often remember more. Again, keep on writing everything that comes to your mind.
7. Capture keywords : While recalling your experiences, the emphasis is on capturing key words and phrases. Include a date and a meaningful title to each experience. This will help you in analyzing what kind of experiences you went through during a particular phase in your life. It is also suggested that you write everything in the present tense instead of the past tense. This gives u a greater chance of recall.
8. Have a scribbling pad handy : It is also an excellent idea to have a scribbling notepad and pen handy, especially by your bed. You may also have a bedside lamp or flashlight for recording key words and phrases when you awaken during the night. You will sometimes wake up in pitch dark with vivid recollections of your travel. Write them down immediately. Do not wait till you get up in the morning. By morning, you may forget it altogether!
So heed this warning! No matter how fragmented your recall is, record it immediately. When you get up in the morning, you can go through your scribbles and write them properly in your Astral journal.
Just like any art, you can train your mind to recall more of your travels. Learning to remember your experiences may seem difficult at first, but if you persist, you will almost certainly succeed. Within a few weeks of disciplined practice you will realize that you can remember more, with greater clarity and finer details.
Keeping a journal is a crucial part of the process and please do not ignore this. Wish you all success!