1) Belief in astrology had excised in ancient times and with the passage of time, it continues to exist in modern times. The concept of belief in astrology had been changing from time to time and I would attribute even this to the planetary position. This is proved by the fact that in last few years or so, there have been spate of astrological functions and increase in number of journals on astrology. This is also attributed to the earlier exchange of Saturn and Jupiter i.e. Jupiter in the sing of Saturn (Capricorn) and Saturn in the sing of Jupiter (Pisces) and later together in Aries and Taurus.
2) I am not her for the criticism of astrologers and those the practice of astrologers and those the practice the science but I am not for the development of the divine science-astrology with reference to modern times. It is true that the astrology had not received the needed patronage from the old times rulers and present day governments but still it is holding its head high in view of involvement of all learned in various fields having an interest in astrology – it would be apt to say that persons from all walks of life have taken to astrology and its study i.e. bankers, doctors, judge, lawyers etc.
3) Some still critics the science and my answer is only that they must lean the subject and then critics. Long back Lord Bacon and said that astrology must not be reject but be purged of its errors. This is possible only by its study with reference to changing times.
4) No one is free from the force planets. Destiny – as determined by your birth Chart, can make a beggar a king and a king a beggar. Rise and fall of politicians the present day kings is well known. This is all attributed to planetary force. For example.
“Oh Destiny I the greatest ruler of beggars to kings No worldly power can stop the flight of your wings, On you depends whether the world weeps or sings, Solely its you that governs the shape of things.
5) With planetary forces, come the role of your karma and in astrology, the karma of previous births have also a say. This would depend on the rising sign at your birth and other planetary position. Without be apt to say that ‘Destiny’ is relentlessly incontrovertible and is virtual governor of every facet of human life. No one from peon to Prime Minister can escape its mandate. Astrologers had been playing a major role in all facts of human life not now but right from the inception of human race itself. Only forms have changed.
6) Astrology no longer remains a mystic science with some religious persons. It has come to stay as a modern science based on scientific facts and research. Astrological principles coined after constant observations do hold good and it is this reason that a mere look at the horoscope would enable the Astrology to sya about the Raj-yogas and other matters of human life. All facets of human life i.e. interpretation of every phase of human life from womb to tomb come under ambit of Astrology.
7) There is a vast field for research in the astrological principles. Every year, astro-contest is conducted and one or tow horoscopes are sent to all astrologers but it is seen that astrologers feel shy of writing or sharing their art of prediction. I take this opportunity to appeal to lovers of astrology to come out with their knowledge. Knowledge is like monetary wealth which unless circulated for the benefit of humanity.
8) In astrology- Hindu Astrology- we have seven planets – the Sun, the Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn apart from two Nodes of the Moon-Rahu and Ketu. Even among the astrologers, difference of opinion continues till today whether Rahu and Ketu work independently or give results only with association of the planets. I am of opinion, that in vie of Nakshtra owned and the Dasha of Rahu and Ketu in Vimshotri, they are in a poison to work independently though the totality of horoscope cannot be ignored.
9) There has been a continuous dispute as to whether Astrology is a Science or not. Without dwelling at length on this topic, I would say that Astrology- though a perfect science can be ranked both as a science and as art. Some of the astrologers have called it as science of combinations. It is true that astrological combinations give the needed predictions but at the same time. Astrology has all the qualifications to be ranked as ‘Science’ i.e. principles, methodology and repetition. In standard ancient texts, astrological principle has been well laid down and they are valid and applicable till today. Here a mention of the few standard works would suffice: Brihat Prasahar horashastra. Brihat Jatak, Sarvarth Chintamani, Jatak Parijat and others.
10) It is unfortunate that now-a-days every 10th persons claim to be an Astrologer. Astrology is the only subject which cannot be learnt without teaching by some other learned persons or institution. A practical knowledge in the art of prediction is possible only when the application of the astrological principle is understood by reference to the horoscopes of individuals, nations and their rulers. These birth charts need to be studied from difference angles so as to enable astrologers to give well-founded predictions.
11) Astrology is the most ancient science of all science. Astrology comprehends something higher, mysterious and subtle – it has hidden powers to get to the should of the native. The predictions given are merely for guidance and actually this would depend on personal skill, devotion and institutive pores of the Astrologer. Only god-gifted Astrologer can tell the truth though every time every astrologer cannot give truthful prediction. The over-all principle is that NO ASTROLOGY is BRAHMA.
Dr. Shanker Adawal, Jyotishacharya in Astrology is a professional and Astrology is his passion and an urge. His predictive technique is based on Bhrigu Technique whose principles and doctrines have been deciphered from research of above two decades . He is a professional in the field of telecommunications. He is presently working for one of the Fortune 500 Indian companies at a senior position. Did his MBA and PhD. and worked with Multinationals in India and abroad, before joining his presnt assignment. He has travelled extensively both in India and abroad. He also has keen interest in Human Rights.He got interested in astrology when he was young, did his Jyotishacharya. His desire and aspiration to share the findings of his research and the new dimensions which can be given to the science of astrology. www.connectingmind.com
Article from articlesbase.com