Marcia Lopez “Folk Medicine and Maya Wisdom” Guest Lecture March 5, 2012 Cal State Long Beach Latinos in Health Professor Maria Pacho
http://waysandhow.com Aromatherapy refers to the use of essential oils to promote wellness or address a variety of physical and mental conditions. Essential …
Video Rating: 5 / 5
Video Rating: 5 / 5
Study: Most Herbal Supplements Contain No Herbs
The New York Times noted a study last week from a Canadian research team claiming roughly three out of four herbal supplements contain little more than weeds or powdered rice. The research team used a test called DNA barcoding, which has previously …
Read more on WebProNews
Relax, let your body heal… Full Length Meditation, Balancing and Tuning Digital downloads now available at iTunes!!! https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/tao…
Meditation should be incorporated in our life. Our busy schedule and life does not give us time to relax our mind and body. We get rid of the body strain or exertion but it does not relax your body and soul completely. Thus, meditation is necessary for inner relaxation of your body and mind and rejuvenating it for a new tomorrow. This rejuvenation is essential because your mind and body not only needs to relax but also rejuvenate so that it continues functioning effectively even at a later stage in your life. If you too wish to keep your mind and body healthy ‘Energy Meditation’ is the best thing for you. You do not need a meditation retreat for this; you can practice it at your home, office or park.
Yoga is a blend of meditation, postures, therapies, etc. the postures are also varied. In hot yoga and power yoga the poses require you to stretch your body to the limit so that you lose weight, maintain your body, etc. However, when your cross a certain age the type of exercise you choose is very important. This exercise has to be such that your body is relaxed and energized as well. Simple asanas like pranayam, butterfly, etc. are very simple but help your body muscles relax. The muscles at a senior age tend to get brittle. Any careless behaviour might lead to serious muscle injuries, also the flexibility of the muscles decreases. A simple exercise that can help you get back the flexibility as well as relive you of bone and muscle pain is yoga.
If you are a beginner, this meditation is excellent for you as it strengthens the aura when practiced regularly.
· Firstly relax your entire body.
The deeper the trance, the more effective. You can meditate at any time and no specific trance is necessary for you.
· For beginners, you should visualize while at the same time, draw in energy from all sides of your body, front, back, top of your head and bottom of brilliant light, like the sun. Working with colors is more advanced and most effective when you are a bit more experienced.
· While exhaling visualizing the aura that is expanding besides you
· Breathe in again and visualize the energy getting brighter and more powerful, radiating from your entire being.
· Exhale again and visualize the energy and expansion of your aura, and feel the center of your body shining brilliantly like the sun.
· Repeat this several times, each time visualizing the energy becoming brighter and brighter as it increases in intensity.
· When working with colors, visualize the color becoming more and more powerful and vibrant. You will notice each color has a different feel to it. Colors can be used to attract according to their nature
Practice this meditation at a meditation retreat or your home and feel the difference in your life.
Eric mayars is profetional expart of Yoga Retreats.he is providing information about Yoga Teacher Training like Seva and Meditation Retreats.